More Arizona Bass Fishing

Garry2Rs

It was very windy yesterday, Buck and I did house work...Around 1:30 PM we couldn't take it anymore so we drove over to the lake.

It was 2PM when we left the launch.

We were thinking about shaky worms and dragging a bait along the bottom way up at the spillway where the water enters the lake.

The ride up there gave us a chance to scope-out a number of other canal intersections.

See my previous post "A couple of days fishing in Sunny Arizona" for an explanation...

The shaky rig was a bust, and in time we found ourselves back at the "T" we had fished before.

007.jpg

Casting from the lea side...the right side of the picture, was the magic on our last trip, but produced nothing this time.

We went to the windy side.

The wind blew us into that notch in the cattails on the left edge of the photo.

We were casting into the center of the pool.

As the bait reached the boat, on about the fifth cast, things got heavy, and Buck went on High Alert.

I was standing beside the wheel, on the low deck, so after calling Buck off, I sat in the passengers seat and lipped our fish.

002.jpg

This one is smaller than the last couple, only 2pounds 3 ounces. It was just over 17 inches long.

I included the BPS. Bleeding Tennessee Shad pattern lipless crankbait, that caught our last two fish, in this picture.

Garry2rs