Sportsmen's Show

cthewrld

I decided to go today and take the day off work. It was a good show with lots of stuff. The only thing that I didn't like was the lack of GREAT deals. We ended up going to BPS and wallmart afterwards and got everything I wanted for cheaper than at the show.

I just got back from the show today. Had a great time lots to see, kids liked watching the dogs and sitting on the atv's. Long lineup to get in,so get your ticket on-line,we did and walked right by the line to the door, they have a desk to hand in your ticket to and your in.

Saved probably 30-45 min's of standing in line. :thumbsup_anim:

Al

SpoonMaster lures

Great tip Al, I printed mine online and even at 10:30 am the line up was huge. Saved me a load of time with that tip. I went back outside around noon to drop the first load in the car and the lineups at the parking lots and ticket booths were just plain stupid. Sooo glad I got there early - at 10:30 am the free lot was full but the other ontario place lot was nearly empty and at $5 was much better than the exibition place lots and just as close (plus easier to get out of judging by the honking and screaming I heard when I left at 2).

I agree with Dan that there weren't necessarily GREAT deals but the no tax at most stuff easily added up. I have to give props to the St. Croix guy working the Grimsby booth - really spent a lot of time with everyone (including me) and yest wasn't pushing the high end stuff too much. Heck he spent a while talking gulp and erie smallies with another guy while I browsed the rods and then spent a long time with me discussing what I wanted vs what I needed. I ended up with a 6'8 avid medium extra fast spinning rod that I'm DYING to get out and use. Amazing how much difference a good sales guy can make though - I was at some other spots where all I got were glares or else totally ignored so I didn't even shop around for price - good service trumps price (within reason of course - I'm not made of money)

Anyhow, also picked up a bunch of new muskie baits and assorted odds and ends - bring on the soft water!