Questions about the Mattawa area

bigdaddydb

Are there any places to get bait in town?...will anyone have minnows this time of year?...I will be up there on feb 14-17 and really want to get some perch or walleye but I don't know of any lakes to fish. My dad lives right on the river by Champlain park and I have fished over at lake Nosbonsing(?) in the summer and caught pike. Can you ice fish there?...are there walleye or perch? I live in Ohio so I won't be crowding your spots. Anyone that doesn't want to post can send me a pm.

Off topic...I got out for the first time down here in the states....one 4" bluegill...coolest fish I've ever caught cuz it was the first time I saw a fish on my camera and saw it take the bait!....I'm hooked on ice fishing!!!

I"m not sure if you talking about the same one that's close to me, if it is then yes there's pike, perch, walleye ect...And yes you can ice fish anywhere mostly. The bad news is it's going to rain again and be warm this week, and the ice is already not to great so the ice could possibly be no good at that date, you'll have to go day to day and make sure it is before you leave.

Bait ? not really sure, I know the little ones close to me are closed, theres one in Parry Sound (Divers Nook) around 30-40 min away that is open. Maybe call Champlain park and ask them, they would be able to give you more info. And the river mite be better than any of the surrounding lakes, there's big fish and many species close by.