BOQ - Nov 9-10 Report

superdad

Was out to fish with The Total Package on Fri and Sat.

We fished Fri Afternoon in the deep trench at Thompsons where we marked a ton of fish, but only had one strike on a Power Dive Minnow and at 75', the fish shook loose and was gone. 0 fo 1.

Fished until 1630 with no further success, there were lots of fish. Water temp was 48.7 degs.

Sat AM, we headed east of the ferry, where the wind was blowing almost due East and with 3 footers, tough fishing up wind. We began near the Keith Shoal and trolled east dodging the MANY boats out on the water.

Marking the occasional pod of fish, we marked one as we were opposite the point, east of the ferry, on the county side, with the large lawn and gazebo, passing by the pod, the outer rod went off and we were able to land a nice 5.77 lb approx 24" on a Blue/Silver/Orange 3/4 oz Power Dive Minnow.

thumb_IMG_3790.JPG

We trolled single lines from the ferry to Q4 for a while and then headed to the Light house to see what we could see. Trolled from the light house to past Keith Shoal with no results. Water temp at Keith Shoal was 51.7 degs.

Motored back to Thompsons and in the trench, we marked a FEW fish,tried over the on the West Shore with the odd fish appearing, trolling downwind we pasted the tranch again and were astounded not to see all the fish we had seen on Fri. Guess they're movin on.......

Too bad we didn't do better, but the sun came out and the fishing was pleasant - not that cold Nov fishing we're dressed for.

Off the water at 1600, with Holy Toledo just ahead of us.

They didn't catch anything on Sat., Fri they landed a 7 lber east of the ferry.

As I mentioned, LOTS of boats out on Sat and everyone was coping with the winds and the waves.

Back out next weekend for the Kingscourt Derby - C U on the water - CH 72 on the radio.

Stay Tuned

Superdad - We were one of those other boats out there. had pretty much the same results.

We had one on, off the rigger with a worm harness, but lost it about 50 feet from the boat

We will give it another go this coming weekend at the G2G ( Friday - Sunday )

Don

Hey Tracker,

We saw you when you first started to fish eastward just past the ferry. I was with Ken (you met him at Bayview) with the Starcraft Superfisherman 170 (115HP Evinrude)

We're up next Fri for a Sat derby , gonna be gone at 0600 or so and back by 1330 and then a meal and prizes and back to Kingston for an 2000 train to Toronto. Busy Day......

When I see you next Sat, I'll get close - We'll be in my boat.

Stay Tuned

David aka Superdad

We were there on Friday only managed 2 fish a 5lb and a 8 lb. Both came on riggers down 40+. seen boats who were catching fish after fish down by the lighthouse on the south side. But it looked like there were catching them on dipsys down deep. Going to try one last tine this weekend before putting the boat away.