~~~ Walleye Phishen at it's Best

oldphart

~~~~Slug, Missy, and I headed up to Rice, on Saturday, to give it one more shot, for the season. The gods were making it a little difficult for us with hardly any wind, and clear blue Sky's, but we had 2 ACES up our sleeves a TV phishen host Gus, and a pro angler Jiggie were comen out to play also. So with fully charged batteries, headed for Bewdley, as we arrived, I wanted to stop at the Tackle shop, for some Bucktail, and as we pulled up I spotted his road side sign ahead and said watch the sign,and Slug said "what (crash) sign", oh well no biggie we stood it back up. While Missy made some friends, I checked out the Throne Room, and then we were ready. As we backed down the ramp I said to Slug, it's almost like Simcoe, there was a small Armada sitting straight out. So we got out there and wetted lines, we both had some hits, but the Eyes were hitting so lightly, we could get a hook set in Slug had one on for about 3 turns of the reel then gone. Sun was getting higher so we thought to head over to another area, and with the wind chill at -15, at 28mph, we arrived and just sat there thawing out. Then I get a call, Gus and Jiggie were at the ramp, and told us where they were heading, told him I'll leave for there now(I needed the head start). Well we got to the unknown spot ( don't tell Gus but here it is $#%^%$#**%, by *&^%$%$#**() and started phishen, and won't you know it Slugs says take a look what followed his lure back, and I look down and there was 8 large PERCH I told him no were phishen for Walleyes not perch. A few min. later we hear thunder comen down the lake and sure enough 2 big black boats came roaring down lake, the boys have arrived, they in one spot us in another only about 1.5" apart on the map. Slug and I moved around here and there, with no luck and decided to get a wee bit closer to the boys( wanted to see what they were using), with the 2 Guses(is that a word) together, and Jiggies with his special friend Jen, we joined up. We asked how they were doing and Jiggie says he has 4(harrumph) in his well and Gus says they have 5(harrumph harrumph), both pros show us what they are using and we quickly switch over, and with KC on the net Gus puts on quick demo on how to catch them, landing 2 more in less the 15min. the trick keep casting, and retrieve slowly. Well it worked and sure enough the Mighty Kong is able to put one in the well, a nice 2lber.(he just bought a Storm Elect Filleting knife, now he can try it out). That was it for us, the boys left early and we hung around for another hr. before heading home. Another great day of Phishen and Meeting some Spacial Buds. The Mighty Kong has the pics, only battery I didn't charge up was the camera batteries.