Has Anyone Imported A New Suv From The Us?

Tomcat

Just wondering whether anyone has already researched the pros and cons of importing a new vehicle (for example an SUV) from the USA. I compared MSRPs on the Ford USA website with MSRPs on the Ford Canada website using the build and price feature. MSRP differentials approach $10,000 Cdn on similarly equipped SUVs. I'll be telephoning the Registrar of Imported Vehicles on Monday for information. Thanks in advance.

Sure you can...whether it's advisable or not is another. Lexxington just had a post on buying an ATV from the US..same logic applies here. I have a customer that bought a new Toyota..top of the line model that wasn't available in Canada for 2006 so he had to be the first to have one up here. Catch is he has a US address as well so warrantee wasn't an issue. He had no problems having it serviced up here for warantee work.

Here's some of the details you need to know to get it across.

http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/export/expo...tor_vehicle.xml

Once you are done there then you have to deal with Canada customs to fill out a form #? (I forget). Then the brand new vehicle has to go to CTC for a safety check. Remember many US vehicles don't have day light running lights..mandatory in Canada as a starter on extra costs.

Edited by irishfield