Buying new boat - NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

icefisherman

Apologize for the capital letters, just wanted to call your attention as I need the advice of all you boat experts out there.

As many of you know I've been looking to buy me a newer boat for the past few weeks.

I went to see one I liked tonight and am seriously considering buying it tomorrow.

It is quite a bit of money so I want to make sure I don't take a wrong step or something.

Most importantly how can I make sure the boat is free and clear?

The seller looks decent guy but I'd like to be sure.

Can you do a lien check for boats/trailer/motor/ similar to the one we all do for cars when buying them?

If so can it be done on line as my time is very short....

I am going to have more questions as soon as I put my thoughts together but this is the most important one and I wanted to ask you all ASAP as it is getting late and I need to know TONIGHT or very first thing tomorrow morning...

Also how can I check the year when the main motor was manufacturered by the Serial number I have?

Can I do it online as well?

Thank you very much to all who can help me out.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Hey Icefisherman - That Lund that your looking at sure sounds like a sweet ride - And matched with the Honda - can't go wrong.

As far as leins go - i was once told by a police officer that I should always have on the receipt that the item is " free and clear of all leins". Make sure that the seller signs it.

You could probably do a search at the ministry

Hope that helps a little - and good luck with the purchase.

Don

don't know for sure but if you are buying a trailer with the boat there should be something about that a the DOT.I am sure someone like evinrude-dude who is in the business would know for sure.BUT be careful a friend of mine bought a boat cheap a few years back that was communal property in a divorce settlement and he was the one that suffered..

vance

Edited by vance

Thanks Wayne Vance and Tracker.

Link is great, but it only works 8am-8pm........?!!?

And I was hoping there is online database to search the motor year of manufacturing as I will not have time to do it tomorrow morning afer 8am....

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman