Muskoka / Bracebridge area lake maps

Burning Babies

I'm going to be fishing around Muskoka / Bracebridge on the Week of Sept 23. I am wondering if it is easy to find lake maps in the local bait stores. I'm looking to fish Lake Vernon and Lake of Bays, plus possibly Three Mile or Woods Lake.

Alternatively, I'd be willing to order them, but I'm concerned about shipping time (particularly with customs, as I live in Ohio). Adventure Fishing Maps seems the best prospect for aquiring them - does anyone have experience with these guys? Any suggestions re acquiring these maps would be appreciated.

I spend my summers on the Lake of Bays, and can tell you that there are not a great number of maps available. I have the Adventure map for Lake of Bays. Not bad ... but not great. I would be happy to provide guidance on some well known spots on the lake if you are interested.

Thanks for the reply Michael. I have contacted Adventure Maps, and he can't do business by credit card, so ordering from there is out anyway. I am certainly interested in any advice you can give me. One caveat is that I only have a 14' semi v and 15 hp outboard, so I likely won't be bobbing around in the main lake. I will be staying at the Lumina Resort for a couple days and will probably work the bay it is situated on. I also may fish the southern arm after I move to my aunt and uncle's place later that week. I'm happy to try other areas, as long as I can get to them safely.

Working the bay they are in is a good idea. The lake can be pretty rough, especially in the fall. The southern part of the lake, especially south of the narrows tends to be more calm that the main lake. Much easier for you to fish. I may be up that week, and would be happy to point you in the "right" direction.