Workplace Woes (Non-Fishing)

Clampet

Take a listen to Headhunter's advice.

From a bosses standpoint, which I am (but I would never do what he did), you need to heal things over. He isn't going to come to you probably, so you need to hatch things out with him.

Let him know where you were coming from and tell him you just didn't understand his point of view. Hopefully he will elaborate.

You may want to say you know it was wrong to go to the pres. (even if you don't believe it). He will probably say he was wrong to deny your early leave.

This is a give-give type of talk. Hopefully the boss will take the bait.

We probably spend as much time with our co-workers as we do with our families. Work is not a place for personal problems to get in the way. You and your boss should realize that and bury the hatchet.

As a boss once told me - in a struggle between bosses and their direct reports, the boss will always win, we are management for a reason - may be mean spirited, but it is true and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Take a listen to Headhunter's advice.

From a bosses standpoint, which I am (but I would never do what he did), you need to heal things over. He isn't going to come to you probably, so you need to hatch things out with him.

Let him know where you were coming from and tell him you just didn't understand his point of view. Hopefully he will elaborate.

You may want to say you know it was wrong to go to the pres. (even if you don't believe it). He will probably say he was wrong to deny your early leave.

This is a give-give type of talk. Hopefully the boss will take the bait.

We probably spend as much time with our co-workers as we do with our families. Work is not a place for personal problems to get in the way. You and your boss should realize that and bury the hatchet.

As a boss once told me - in a struggle between bosses and their direct reports, the boss will always win, we are management for a reason - may be mean spirited, but it is true and should be taken with a grain of salt.

If I were the boss, I would praise my workers for work well done, and encourage them to share ideas for improvement. Too many bosses only speak to you when there is an issue, always finding fault, never praising one for their jobs that are well done. They are not true leaders, and no one respects them. A worker will bend over backwards to please a boss they respect, but will do the bare minimum when his back is turned to the boss that is a task master.