Computer help needed

Kawartha Kev

Sorry to post this here but I posted it also in the help forum but don't seem to be getting any responses thanks if you can help me out.

I recently upgraded my antivirus from MCaffee to the Rogers Yahoo online protection with Norton Antivirus and firewall and now I have major problems viewing the forums in the Hi fi version. The only way I could do it was to disable the anti virus and firewall completely and it is dead slow compared to when I was running Mcafee. I seem to remember other people having similar problems can anyone help me out. All ican get to on the hi fi version is the main forum listing and then when I try to go into the general discussion forum or help forum all I get is a blank page

Thanks Kawartha Kev

Sounds like yu might be experiencing a Java issue... Norton is a PIA always has been... it could also be because of the ads... I would suggest you look at your Norton Settings and look for mention of Javascript and Adblocking.

Sorry I did not see your post in the help forum..

Post your results.. and lets try to narrow this sucker down.

Gerritt.

PS.... I hate NORTON!!!!!!

uh huh.....

I have not used Norton product since Utilities ... so I cant comment on direct settings to change however sounds like JavaScipt or adblocking is the most likely culprit.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Sorry to post this here but I posted it also in the help forum but don't seem to be getting any responses thanks if you can help me out.

You waited less than 30 minutes before deciding to post this in here? I suppose those who know the computer stuff should monitor the Computer Help area each minute for someone to post so that we can immediately help them out?

I would ban you.

oh... and because I feel nice... go into your control panel, add & remove programs, and remove everything that says mcafee, rogers, security, norton, etc. and then just reinstall a single protection suite of your choice. The more the merrier doesn't apply here. You have a whole buch of competing software on your machine and they are fighting eachother screwing everything up.

Edited by Corey