Lynn Canyon Park

brandon

Today my roommate and I ventured into North Vancouver and did some hiking at Lynn Canyon Park. Lynn Canyon Park is known for a suspension walkin bridge that spans Lynn Canyon and the river below. Now this is not to be confused with the Capilano Suspension bridge which is also in North Vancouver however it costs about 25$ just for admission, where as Lynn Canyon was free. Free Admission and Free Parking...can't beat it. I personally would have rather went hiking up in the mountains to take some landscape photos but we only have my roommates car right now so it was his choice where we went. I T-boned some lady who cut in front of me on tuesday with my company truck(and also only vehicle I have here) and now that is getting scrapped so I'm vehicleless until work gets me something different. But once I get wheels again I'm back in the hills as soon as possible. Anyways there was really no point in taking photos of the suspension bridge because it was just loaded with tourists who were also taking picures and personally I don't like taking pictures of random people. We hiked south after we crossed the bridge and headed towards Twin Falls. The sign, the cross, and the dead flowers in this first picture really make you think twice about venturing off the marked trail.

042resize.jpg

These next two photos are panoramic ones. Both of Twin Falls but the first picture is Stitched together horizontally to show sort of the width of the canyon. The second photo is stitched together vertically to show the height of the canyon. That sign from the first picture is up just to the right of that bridge.

Panorama5resize.jpg

Panorama6resize.jpg

I also had some fun while on the suspension bridge with some of the tourists. See where the fence material meets the top "rail" or cable I guess you could call it they have a few pieces of duct tape so nobody gets cut.......I happened to say rather loudly "should there be duct tape holding this together?".......man I've never seen people scramble off a bridge that fast before.....maybe next time if I want a photo of the bridge without people I'll use that tactic again......anyways hope you enjoy the couple of pics and hopefully I'll get up into the mountains again soon.

Thanks for reading,

Brandon

What a beautiful Park. Was there in March as well as many other great spots around B.C. Here's a few pics also.

127.jpg

The suspension bridge

118.jpg

And walking through the tree's

85.jpg

I would also recommend going towards whistler and seeing Shannon Falls and the Stewamus Chief in Squamish. Another trip go east and see the Bridal Veil Falls and Harrison Springs. All great places with beautiful photo ops.