Dever Springs UK

English

Hi all, I thought I would share a few things with you and a little of my trout fishing history too. I love my fishing and have been lucky enough to fish some of the finest rivers and lakes all over europe. Notice I did not say in the world, I have yet to conquor Canada and the US :rolleyes:

Below is a lake complex which I fished only once On 15th April 1989, I remember the day like a lot of people would when something momentous happens. This was a long time back now, and even then it was known as the premier trout fishery in England maybe not for the historic reasons places like the river severn or rutland water are know but more for the way the owners attain massive weight gains due to growth hormones being added to their HNV food. I don't altogether believe in the ways they force the growth of the trout but they do get some astounding results. The set up is first class the location too.

http://www.deversprings.com/intro.html

On this day, I had caught my limit within about 3 hours, 4 fish, all stock fish about 4lb each so no monsters and I let another go, naughty but hey I didn't get caught. I was just lucky or unlucky if you like as my fishing was basically over. The early morning was a very misty one and visibility was just a few yards, everyone else seemed to struggle there were a few other fish caught in the morning. But with 20 anglers whipping the surface to a froth there wasn't that much caught.

I wandered around a bit to check out what everyone else was up to and then walked up to the lodge, bit of a grand name then may be better now as it is much better known and in very high demand. The radio was playing and I listened to some of the early football results coming in. There was a mention of a bit of crowd trouble at Hillsborough, this turned out to be the worst day in English football.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/s...000/2491195.stm

I am not trying to put a downer on anyone it is just one of my many memories some good some bad.

Live life to the full brothers and sisters.

Regards Clive

You should come over to Canada and catch some wild trout - probably much better fighters than those stocked ones.

That day was a very sad day - especially for Liverpool fans like myself.

One day 007 would be great, i fear it will be a while though. Yes very sad day devastating for so many families, of course there wasn't any crowd trouble as such it was just people naturally trying to get to safety. I always give a thought when fishing as it is embedded in me somehow.

Regards Clive