maitland/dunnville

bassmaster4

Headed out to port maitland at 5 in the morning and was hoping to get minnows from Fats or whatever they had nothing but frozen ones. Picked up worms instead but decided to head to dunnville dam. Got there and started tossing worms on a pickerel rig bunch of small channel cats no bigger than 8 inches each got about 3 of those. Then i hooked into something bigger a sheephead about a pound. Hours had past and ive already lost about 5 pickerel rigs, not even a nibble since the sheephead. The snags below the dam started to get frustrated so i went to the other side in search of better fishing. Well i got just that right off the bat a bigger channel cat about 12 inches and then another about the same size. We were running low on worms and wanted to try and get some pickerel so i walked down to fishmasters for leeches he was sold out so i picked up a bucket and a scoop of minnows. I returned to my spot and caught a sheephead and decided to go jig for some bass back at the dam. So back i went and after 5 minutes i hooked into something not a snag it was moving within seconds i saw it was a decent smallie about 12 inches. Not much longer i hooked into something small figured it to be a rock bass but it was a tiny smallie about 6 inches. These fish were caught on a yellow (blue eyed if it rlly matters) 1/8 ounce jig head with a small emerald shiner (thx steve). I decided to call it a day after that last bass and headed home quite satisfied. Got a bit brunt bit its alright better than staying home all day on the computer.

Bassmaster4