Great couple of days....

cheese

Trip began after my son played in a doubeheader Sat. afternoon. Headed up to the cottage in Peterborough to get some supplies and stayed overnight before heading up to Haliburton early Sun. morning (on the road at 5:30). I gave Junior the chance to sleep in but he said he wanted to fish all day, not just the afternoon.... ya gotta love that!! Launched the boat at 8:00 after searching for the public access..... met up with my brother, uncle, 3 cousins and a couple of friends. No more than 200 yds from the landing the water is 40 + feet...... start letting out the wire line Junior! 177 feet of line later..... tap, tap fish ON!! Fish off :wallbash: We land our first fish half hour later.... losing 3. It takes a liitle bit to get used to these lakers on wire. My brother pulls up and says he has his limit and is heading back to the cabin for lunch. "we'll go have a nap and hit Raven tonight" Junior doesn't land a laker in the morning but with the heat is ready for lunch!! Deep fried lakers for lunch was awesome.

Evening on Drag Lake produced 7 fish for our boat..... 5 for Junior to my 2!! Here he is with one we let go since it was in the slot.

Haliburton_002.jpg

Edited by fishforlife