Miramichi opportunity

I have a family summer vacation planned for later in the summer, visiting family in the Saint John area and my brother-in-law is working on planning a day out on the Miramichi River. I've never fly fished but always wanted to try. Looks like I may have my opportunity. I'm going to have to do a little practicing in advance. I've been told the difference between hooking fish and not has a lot to do with how delicately you place the fly.

I've heard stories of how a great the river fishing is in New Brunswick and can't wait.

Anyone experienced it first hand?

HG

Edited by huey graphite

I have relatives down there also.

As for the fishing on the miramichi, it depends alot on how many nets the natives have accros the river.

Got our names drawn last year to go fish the crown reserve waters, never even seen a fish. On our way out we counted 12 nets the natives had accros the mouth of of that section of river, pretty hard for the salmon to get past that.

Does anyone have any lodges or guides that they recommend for the Miramichi. I was thinking of heading to the Country Haven Lodge. For a night and fish the next day. Is is a nice place? I am tring to squeeze in a fishing day or 3 while on our honeymoon in August.

I think I would prefer a guide so I don't have to teach my wife how to fly fish... The guide can have that headache.

I think I would prefer a guide so I don't have to teach my wife how to fly fish... The guide can have that headache.

If you are purchasing a non residents license to fish salmon on the Miramichi a guide is mandatory, look up the New Brunswick salmon federation in Doaktown.