I can post again!

tapout

Hey everyone,

Been 3 or 4 years since I've been able to post.  Between a forgotten password, changing emails and issues trying to contact the admins,

I was finally able to make contact and Chad fixed things up for me.  Thanks Chad. Much appreciated. 

Well since this is my first post in however many years I'd figure I should contribute a little with a fish report.

I managed to get out for the first time yesterday ( simcoe ) this ice season to try for some perch and maybe a pike.  The last couple years I would keep

having pike cruise up to my perch lures, scare the perch away and then just sit there eyeing it for a few seconds and then away it would go.

Yesterday started off cold, -29C at the edge of the lake.  Walked out, set up, put down a line for a pike, dropped my second line down for perch and started jigging away.

Dinks were easy enough to bring around but the jumbos were another story.  Occasionally a solitary jumbo would swim by uninterested.  Much like the dinks.

Curious but not interested.  That was the story for the whole day in regards to perch.  I did however spot 10 pike through out the day.  Hooked up with 6 of them and went 0 for 6.

Every hook up was on my perch line.  3 line snaps, 3 spit hooks with 2 of those at the hole.  :wallbash:    Maybe next time!  Still have not figured out whitefish or lake trout. 

Maybe this will be the season I break the lifetime skunking I've been getting.  Hope the holidays have been good to everyone and have a great New Year everyone.