carp fishing

broconn

Pretty much any harbour, pier, river mouth with access to deeper water nearby will hold carp at this time of year. You can catch carp literally anywhere along the Toronto harbour front. The carp just cruise up and down searching for food. Not too sure how the carpers are doing in Hamilton Harbour this season but there are also numerous places to fish for carp (like Pier 4, Pier 8, Bayfront park, Fisherman's pier, Lasalle marina, Eastport, etc).

Back in the day, I used to fish Lakeview Promenade park in Mississauga but haven't fished there since the plant was demolished. I used to fish for carp there in the dead of winter. The fish were attracted to the warm water flowing from the plant.

Hope this helps

Welcome to the board and to carp fishing. I can't comment on locations out your way in Mississauga but as MJL said, the carping in Hamilton Harbour is pretty good and your choices of places to fish are good here, as well( see MJL's list ).

Pier 8 usually heats up around this time of year. There is a lot of parking and shore access, so it would be a good place to try if you are traveling east for fish.

Goodluck.