Saturday report

keram

Went to my favoured lake for some pikeing. Because I've missed two weekends of fishing ( Jasper & Banff trip ) I was very pumped to wet the line. The weather was killing me ( by 10 am was 28ºC, no wind, no single cloud), I've felt like floating on the frying pan :stretcher: . Since my last trip to this lake, what a change, lots of weeds and very clear water (opposite to my last trip). Visited my "go to" spots but not even a sniff. Went to other productive spots ( usually later in the season) and I was chased by a LMBs guarding nests. I'm not small, but 5-6 lb can be "intimidating" :rolleyes: , I've left in a hurry. It was so hot and humid that I've decided to finish my day early <_< . On the way to boat launch (on trolling motor, to delay the skunk as much as possible ) I was dragging a white spinner bait just for the sake of it . Then I have a hit, after short fight I've landed 28' pike. Got my camera ready, pulled pike from the water and . :w00t: .... my camera has no mem card :dunno: ( still in the reader, after uploading pictures from my trip ). Well, I will take a picture next time.

My favoured lake did not disappointed me again (I was never skunked there)