Are Gull Outboards any good?

Black_Blade

I just seen on Ebay...Gull Outboard motor 2.5 hp be about $500 or so for a new 2007 model. What is the track record of these outboards? Does anybody have one? Just looking at various potential motors for my Sportspal...still scouring the buy and sell online stuff too...lol.

Allrighty then...found several reviews on Ebay and none of them are good. apparently the motor is made in China...guys have never had them run right and can't get anybody to help them in customer service etc etc...should have known to good to be true a motor for half the price of a known brand...lol. But of course feel free to turn this thread into a Gull Bashing thread :lol:

If your gonna buy an outboard then leave it to Mercury, Yamaha, Suzuki or (I can't believe I am saying this) BRP. If you want my opinion buy Suzuki for quality and reliability, buy Mercury or Yamaha for reliability or settle for the BRP cause it looks nice.LOL

I almost feel insulted - lol. Johnson/Evinrude (BRP) first. Who cares about the rest.

Gull outboards have a bad name. I understand one of their models actually isn't too bad, but I don't remember which one. Of course, it doesn't matter because you wouldn't buy a motor from a company with a bad reputation and no dealer support anyway, right?