Typhoon

spinnerdoc

Haven't experienced one for a long time. As a kid it meant no school category 2 and above. We get to run around when tge eye is passing overhead. I have had quite a few strong ones that stick in my mind.

This ones dwarfs my experiences....the destruction is just mind blowing. Cat.5 when it hit.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/super-typhoon-haiyan-may-be-strongest-ever-recorded/article15371595/?service=mobile

It was actually a category 4 with sustained winds of around 150mph when it hit and most of the reports about it are just media 'omg were all gonna die becuase of agw' hype. Yes it was a big storm, and like most big storms that hit heavily populated low lying areas it caused a lot of damage, just like 'super storm' (Bull) Sandy. Btw, that wind speed is what was measured by the Phillipine Met agency, most of the numbers you have probably read were the forecast numbers.

It was actually a category 4 with sustained winds of around 150mph when it hit and most of the reports about it are just media 'omg were all gonna die becuase of agw' hype. Yes it was a big storm, and like most big storms that hit heavily populated low lying areas it caused a lot of damage, just like 'super storm' (Bull) Sandy. Btw, that wind speed is what was measured by the Phillipine Met agency, most of the numbers you have probably read were the forecast numbers.

Oh yeah that definitely makes it better. No matter what the specifics on windspeed and all the bull that sorrounds it...it is a strong one....I've experienced quite a few in the 17 yrs I lived there. A few stand out in my mind. Those dont compare to this one and the ones that have been passing by the last few years. We get a lot on a yearly basis.It's definitely not the end of the world.

I'm not quite the alarmist myself and frankly it takes a lot to make me even flinch. This just made me say to myself, man thats a strong one. They'll pull through just as they do every year....with a smile on their faces they'll carry on.

I myself don't like things blown out of proportion.

That's crazy Edwin, wow! When I lived in Manila I was fortunate that I didn't experience any typhoons.

Getting shot at on 3 separate occasions kind of made up for that though LOL!

It does my friend. Your sort of an action hero and bullets bounce of ya....that story you told me was an amazing one. How you just walked away just blows my mind, but then I was.not in that situation.