Bass Bonanza

Renegade67

Was out for a couple hours on on GBay Saturday. I don't ususally get out much this late in the season as the dock and marine rail are in. A long time fishing buddy Randy wanted to go out so I said sure, but we only have the 12 foot. Lets just say its not very comfortable for us older guys! We went out and spent an hour looking for deeper structure hopefully holding a few. I ended up finding them in 15 feet of water. From the reports I was initially looking in the 25 feet area but found nothing. Randy brought some red wigglers but we were having issues with gobbies stealing the offerings, (We kept them and fed them to our resident mink). I remember fishing with my grandfather decades ago and he always used the glob approach. I did this and it made it much harder for the gobbies to steal them and the bass turned on! In total we caught 7 bass in about 1.5 hours, the smallest was 18 inches and the biggest just under 21! Never have I caught just big ones. Usually there is some 1-3 pounders in the mix but not today. We had a few squirrels/gulls come up and fish around us but they did not catch any! They just watched for a while in awe! They were not smashing the bait at all, you just suddenly had good weight on your rod but when they started to come up it was game on! They were jumping 2 feet in the air with a couple boucing off the side of the boat! Usually a few would unhook at this point but we didn't loose any. Best ever smallie session...

20131012_132329.jpg

20131012_132323.jpg

20131012_130712.jpg

20131012_132317.jpg