Lightening Never Strikes Twice?????

superdad

A week ago, I posted about our Brown Trout fishing as if it was the ultimate angling adventure and would never be forgotten. That was true until yesterday - May 1,2007 was another OUTSTANDING and never to be forgotten fishing experience for Lake Ontario Brown Trout.

And yes, Virgina, Lightening Does Strike Twice :D

As a neophyte Lake Ontario fisher, my learning curve has taken a SHARP rise in that fishing.

Yesterday, LakerJohn, Bayboy and myself headed off to Wellington to try our luck and sea-trial for 'Superdad', Launched at 1030 and headed off to the fishing grounds off Sandbanks Park.

Trolling began at 1115 and BayBoy had his first Brown Trout at 1135, the second fish arrived at 1150, the bite was still on and they were in the same area as the previous week.

The weather was co-operating and with winds under 5 KPH and a cloudy sky, the fish were there.

We continued to fish and rotate the rods with SUPER results.

Our count for the day was 16 Brown Trout landed, one HUGE SM Bass(oddest colouration for a Bass we have ever seen) and we had 9 other strikes and lost fish). All fish were caught on Alpena Diamonds off in-line Planer boards with the water between 47 and 50.9 Degs F.

Laker John and myself never for an instant thought we would outdo the previous trout fishing trip - BUT we did.

We have the memories of two absolutely fabluous Brown Trout fishing trips in 2007. We are pumped for the Walleye Opening on Saturday.

Here's a shot of the successful anglers and their catch.

123962.jpg

We all enjoyed the day and it concluded at the Wellington Launch Ramp as we witnessed the addition of 15,000 Chinook salmon added to Lake Ontario.

All in all - a SUPER day.

Superdad, great to see you posting here as well as all the contributions you make to the Quinte site. Glad to see you've had the opportunity to experience some fabulous inshore fishing this spring. Two great outings back to back like that is rare indeed. You just gotta love the feeling of great timing like that. We treasure those days!

We've got a warm water outflow down the road from us, and we've been taking full advantage. The brown's are not quite as plentiful as in your case, but we've been averaging 4 to 5 fish an outing, with the odd sheepie, pike, walleye and laker mixed in. If we want to concentrate on the lakers we just move out about 1/4 mile and they're there. Our PB's thus far are 14 lb. laker, 11 lb+ brown, 9 lb. pike, and 7 lb. sheepie. A couple nice eating sized walleye have been the bonus fish. Keep up the great fishing.....we'll be down for the walleye opener too!