Windy Lake/Fairbank PP

crossover

Anyone ever been to either of these in the Sudbury area? Main interest is fishing. Would rather go to Bonnechere but it is unfortunately full for the August civic holiday.

We stayed at Fairbanks several years ago.It is a nice rustic park that if memory serves has a few waterfront sites which are likely always taken.We had went in for an overnite tenting.It has smallies and lake trout and is a sudbury area pothole lake created by meteors.Not really sure how good the fishing is there but I did catch a small smallie off the point of the day use area. The park is a good 20k off the highway.The store on the way in had very little supplies at the time, I would want to be well stocked before going all the way in just in case.

Kerry

We stayed at Fairbanks several years ago.It is a nice rustic park that if memory serves has a few waterfront sites which are likely always taken.We had went in for an overnite tenting.It has smallies and lake trout and is a sudbury area pothole lake created by meteors.Not really sure how good the fishing is there but I did catch a small smallie off the point of the day use area. The park is a good 20k off the highway.The store on the way in had very little supplies at the time, I would want to be well stocked before going all the way in just in case.

Kerry

Thanks for the review. We found some sites at Bonnechere at a different date though, so mabey some other time.