My new Suit

wormdunker

Many people have been inquiring about floater suits in the past, I wish to share my experience. I owned a buoy o buoy 1 piece for 10 years, found it to be awkward, bulky & difficult to put on & off. I needed to replace it so I decided to look at the floater suits as opposed to a "survival" suit. I found a HJC 2 piece floater in Sudbury. Tried it on & was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it is. It's 2 piece which is great for jacket removal on a mild day, has cloth lined pockets in the bibs as well as the jacket, also a cloth lined collar, full lenght zippers on the bibs, lots of velcro. Also storm flaps over the zippers on the bibs & jacket. Price was $144. for the jacket, $117. for the bibs, total $216.00 which is alot less than all the survival suits I checked out. If u wish to see pix of the suit see the post of the G2G on Nipissing this past week end "the winners are". Overall very comfortable & easier mobility. I'm of the older generation so comfort is important. Also purchased a pair of "Nats" rubber boots. This boot was recomended by another member in a previous post. These boots are the lightest boot I've ever tried. Warm, comfy, lightweight! I have the Sorel snowmobile boot but the uppers being nylon would allow water in while using a gas auger. I used the Nats at Saturdays G2G (mild weather), very comfy, but also fished in Sudbury on Sunday where it was -9 with 15km wind. They were also very warm. I highly recomend these 2 products to any outdoors people. Nats boots $89.00. Hope this helps others narrow their choice for outdoor clothing.

Edited by wormdunker