Anti-Reverse?

Bitsmith2k

hey guys, got the abu combo courtesy of the tyler auction, and have a question about the reel (1003LP), seeing as i can't find a user manual anywhere, one of you guys/gals must be able to help..

does temperature affect the anti-reverse functionality? reason i ask, is that i've been out a few times playing around, getting the hang of it, and i've noticed that the anti-reverse sometimes works, most of the time it doesn't.. anytime i've been out casting into actual water its been at or below freezing, and the handle (on probably 90% of my casts) spins backwards..

a couple weeks ago, when it was warmer out, i was dinking around with it in the yard, and the anti-reverse was working like a charm.. the same thing from this past weekend, while I was playing with it inside, the anti-reverse never failed..

any ideas?

Yes, you are right,

I've had similar happenings on a few of my reels. Once the reel is broke in they seem to be OK. Another thing I did with mine is heated the bearing up with a hair dryer and then submersed in 3in1 oil. Seemed to have done the trick.