Louborough Lake

umKthxbye

I've gone kayaking once there a few weeks ago and the water was super clear, like seeing a good 8-15 feet down to the bottom. My friend is coming down to Kingston this weekend to fish and we will be renting a boat from the marina on the lake. Now, I know there are Pike since I've seen them lurking around while kayaking. Has anyone fished this lake before? Any tips for it? I'll be bringing my whole tackle bag that has a pretty good verietty of lures, including spoons, cranks spinners, tubes and other soft plastics. My friends tackle bag isn't that big yet since he just started fishing, so if he was going to buy a few new lures what should he consider getting?

Thanks

I have never fished it but I take 10 home through Westport into Perth when I to go or come back from Hamilton a few times a month.

There are always a ton of boats (12+ at the launch off 10) every time I drive by. They are always bass boats, pretty fancy usually, the lake is huge, yet I have no clue whats in it. Good luck though and let us know, its only 45 mins from my door so I would be curious.

Edited by MuskyMike

Yeah, it's a 30 minute drive from my place downtown kingston. Well, the marina is 30 minutes, my girlfriend dads trailer is only 15-20. It's considered a big lake? I though it was pretty small, I guess I'm used to looking at Lake O then. I'm excited to fish it cuz the water is clear, I've never seen water like that before. I'll keep you posted on how it was. I know there is allot of fat perch since I've seen them, and some decent bass chilling close to shore. But the was on the opposite side of the marina. Only 3.5 more days till I get to fish it =D

Ok here is the update for this lake.

We only fished the east side(shallow) of the lake since we had a pretty slow boat. I caught 5 Smallies a few spotted/red eyes and 1.5 pikes at 20". I say 1.5 pikes because I had him hooked but just as he came out of the water he got off. I've also caught my first fish using a spinner bait. My buddy caught a whole whack load of crappie, sunfish and perch. He was using live minnows for most of the time and wasn't catching anything. He then switched to worms and started catching the pan fish. I tried one live minnow and nothing was interested in it, but as soon as I went back to my artificial lures I was catching them again. The east side of the lake is nice, average depth is 7-9feet with some places hitting 20-25feet. The spots we where in had weedy bottoms and some of the islands had rocky bottoms around them. Weather was just amazing, nice and hot. I look like a lobster now on some places. I'll be more thorough with the sunscreen next time. I'd go back to this lake again but would try and get a faster boat to get to farther regions and explore some more. What worked for me the most was soft plastics.

I also found out that there is a boat rental location on the west side of the lake, so next time I'll be trying that side. The water seemed much clearer on the west then the east.

That's about it for this report. Sorry I don't have pictures.