Hockey Pool selection ( NF )

bucktail

Hey everyone, its that time of year, I have my annual playoff hockey pool at work tomorrow. its a points only pool.

I always do really well each year but this year I am stumped on what teams to hitch my bumper to.

Any and all ideas will be entertained

Boston....looks good but traditionaly dont score much so not goood for pools.

Pittsburgh... No sidney till the second round it looks

Washington....playin all defensive now but have the guys to turn it on.

Montreal...so injury ridden

Tampa.....dark horse with the potential for lots of points?

Sabres...????????

Philadelphia....backed into playoffs....were my choice up to a month ago

Rangers....Callahan out....not much after that

Red Wings.....still banged up but there the Wings!!

Sharks...hottest team in league but there the sharks....losers lose!

Hawks....nothing like last years team.

Canucks ... see sharks!!!!

Anaheim....Perry and Selane sleeper pick?

Phoenix...there top score is a defencemen!!!

Kings...walking wounded not looking good at all

Predators..... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Someone give me an arguement and help me out here!!

Darren

10 players in a draft of 15 people.

#1 is drawn out of a hat then it goes around the table. And if you are #1 you have to pick 30 and 31st next and so forth.

Skaters only .... makes for some interesting picks when you get passed 70th!

I am having so much trouble even picking one team... I try to pick a team from the east and one from the west. Last year I loaded uop on Philly when no one else did and I won.

I agree with Sinclair but I haven't won a playoff pool since 1994 when I picked all Rangers and Canucks. The theory is sound but you have to get lucky too. I won two playoff pools in 1994 by picking N.Y. and Van players only and purchased my 14' Sportspal with the cash :clapping: .

myboat.jpg

I also agree with putting your eggs in two baskets..However its a toughy this year.

Personally i think Buffalo is going to do some damage in the east since they face a slumping Philly in the first.. especially if Miller is on his game... Vanek should be a decent point producer ..unfortunately that is all ruffalo has in terms of point getters...Gerbe might surprise.

Tampa might be a decent pick for the east...Stamkos disappeared in the second half but St. Louis, Vinny and Purcell seemed to be semi hot towards the end of the season.

In the west...Even though I'm not a big fan of San Jose, I think they have some solid fire power this year and good enough goaltending that they have a solid chance of making it to the finals...Their top 6 are pretty solid...

Can't count out Franzen and Detroit...They are a little banged up but they almost always show up for the playoffs...its really annoying...

My prediction is a Boston-Buffalo eastern final and a Detroit-San Jose western Final..

That being said...my gut tells me the winner of the Nashville-Anaheim series will make it to the west finals..but that seems far fetched..