19' Boat owners and their Garages

tonyb

I'd get a realtor to do the work for you. Face it, here you are upset about the difficulty in trying to find the right place, when it's totally avoidable.... unless with a bad/lazy realtor....

I also simply do not get the logic behind selling privately just because you bought privately. Some folks won't consider looking at a house sold privately since they sense a scam of some kind going on.

Maybe check the prices of homes sold in the area when you bought your house 'privately'. If the real estate info on private sales I read a while ago is accurate (which may not be since the realty business did it) in your case, you may have paid more for the house compared to similar ones in your neighbourhood even taking commissions into acount. In fact, a realtor worth his or her salt can probably as additional service while looking for a new house investigate to see whether this happened to you.

I'd get a good realtor to go find me a house with the right-sized garage. Or else you gotta suck it up and pay the dues...

Hence a favorite expression a pal of mine spouts (ole Swampdawger who some here know)..... goes something like this

" If you're gonna be dumb :wallbash: ya gotta be tough!" :stretcher:

Seriously, hope things turn out for you in such a difficult search. Best of luck!

Cisco, maybe you are right, maybe I should put someone else to task who's job it is to find homes for people. I am just not sure if agents would really go to that distance, I would seriously not want me as a client if I was a realtor. :lol:

The logic in us selling privately was to pass along the savings and enjoyable experience that we got when we purchased our home privately (Bank appraisal was thousands more than we paid - I have heard bank appraisals are generally less than selling prices?)

Tony