Need a new fishing trip spot....

xpedx789

Hi gang...My parents started bring me and my brothers to Chiblow Lake back in the 80's, and other than missing a year here, and there we have been going ever since! Now I bring my Wife and kids, my sister and her fam, and my parents (both in their 70's) still make the trek!! Apparently a few years ago a local "gentleman" was caught netting the lake while it was closed for the season. So my 1st question is can anyone tell me how long it takes for Smallies to mature to adulthood ? Reason why I ask is that the fishing is terrible for bass up there the last few years...

Next question...As much as we love Chiblow Lake (the peace , and pure beauty of it). We are interested in looking for another place to go for our annual vacation. We all travel from the Columbus Ohio area. Anyone who is familiar with Chiblow Lake then knows were looking for a Lake that is quite, free from all the jet skies, and weekend skiers, and tubers. We like to fish alot , and our kids like the little beach area for swimming...This is breaking our hearts to leave our favorite place on earth, however if were not catching any fish, then whats the point...

I would appreciate any input you guys might have, were open to going through Michigan up through the Sault, or coming through Toronto way, or through Detroit...Trying to keep it under a 15 hour drive (kids start getting a cranky)...