Lower Buckhorn

Peps

Hi everyone,

got a cottage booked for the last week of July on Deer Bay in Lower Buckhorn...

Bringing the whole family which will be loads of fun!!! my fishing time will limited to early morning and some evenings.

I never fished the lake before, so I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips? I want to try for a muskie and I'm not to worried about the bass as I'm sure that I can find them. As for walleye a little insight on them would be great (what to look for) I normally don't fish the Kawartha's.

Not looking for hot spots just some general direction....

Thanks,

Peps

lol the last time i was at buckhorn i casted from shore and hooked into a line screamer that broke me off.. fish the weedlines. just go 20-30 feet off and cast buck tails, cranks, or what ever else you have in your arsenal. if you have a sonar concentrate on some humps, i've always had success with underwater humps next to drop offs.

good luck :)

the deepest parts are obviously the channels. check the channels just outside deer bay for walleyes. great crappy fishing just outside the channels by deer bay. catch bass where weeds meet rock - this is important the transitions were the hot spots last summer. bass got bigger towards fairy lake lock, id head that way if i was staying in deer bay.