Pike/walleye in the hamilton area.

Lunatic

I'll be the first to admit that my early spring pike/walleye fishing was never the greatest,and i always long for summer time bass fishing.

so fishing from shore the past two days we've been skunked. ive heard that pike spawn in the grindstone creek marshes,im not exactly sure where that is, i know grindstone creek and ive walked the trail at the RBC and those "ponds" are wicked shallow.

tried 'berg twice and nothing.

tried pier 4 - nothing

also tried the window by the bay or whatever its called in burlington near golf club and lasalle park.

ive been using inline spinners,husky jerks,slashbaits- all the ususal suspects.

the places i used to fish in the spring have all dried up and have been over fished, so this is why im on a quest for new spots.

i know no one wants to offer their honey holes,nor am i expecting you to,but if someone could put me on the right path id be greatfull

next week im going to hit the grand river, although i ever had much luck there.

I'll be the first to admit that my early spring pike/walleye fishing was never the greatest,and i always long for summer time bass fishing.

so fishing from shore the past two days we've been skunked. ive heard that pike spawn in the grindstone creek marshes,im not exactly sure where that is, i know grindstone creek and ive walked the trail at the RBC and those "ponds" are wicked shallow.

tried 'berg twice and nothing.

tried pier 4 - nothing

also tried the window by the bay or whatever its called in burlington near golf club and lasalle park.

ive been using inline spinners,husky jerks,slashbaits- all the ususal suspects.

the places i used to fish in the spring have all dried up and have been over fished, so this is why im on a quest for new spots.

i know no one wants to offer their honey holes,nor am i expecting you to,but if someone could put me on the right path id be greatfull

next week im going to hit the grand river, although i ever had much luck there.

The waterford ponds have pike.

You may find that you're a bit late for the really shallow pike. They spawn pretty early in the year, typically JUST after ice out. With the warm spring, they may have started to move a bit deeper by now?

As for walleye in the Hamilton area, I couldn't even begin to provide any advice.