Has any one been to Sunset Point Cottages?

mdfa.ca

Hello everyone,

a newbie here with a quick question: Has anyone been to the Sunset Point Cottages on Woods Bay and if so, can you please describe the lodgings to me? My family will be spending a few days there this summer but we have never been and don't know what to expect. It doesn't much matter to me (I'll be just happy to be there) but I think my DH has pretty high expectations and he doesn't realize the area is much more of a fishing destination than a vacation spot. I'm pretty sure we won't be getting resort type lodgings.:rolleyes: I hope someone can give me an idea...

Thanks!

Stayed at Sunset Point back in October of 2003. Their located on Moon River Bay between Woods Bay and Arnolds Bay. Very nice cabins but set far back from the water.

Saw Black Bears on the property every night we were there, including a big one on our porch one night!

Stayed at Sunset Point back in October of 2003. Their located on Moon River Bay between Woods Bay and Arnolds Bay. Very nice cabins but set far back from the water.

Saw Black Bears on the property every night we were there, including a big one on our porch one night!

i stayed there two years ago, like it alot! price was right! AND the girl that works the front desk was a HAWTEE!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for replying to my query. But honestly, someone needs to throw me in the lake and whack me on the head with a paddle... What I meant to ask about was:

WESTVIEW RESORT run by a man named Grisdale, George I believe. It's right on Woods Bay, a little past Moonriver Marine. I feel like such an idiot. No idea why I typed Sunset Point, other than the fact I spent a weekend there about 3 years ago. Yes, I do believe they closed and the property was sold. I don't know if the new owners will open it up again.

So, has anyone been to Westview Resort?

Can't compare to Sunset as I've never stayed there. Westview cottages are simple, no frills deals. George has his rules but seeing as you're looking for a family outing, you won't have an issue there.

I rented a boat from George a few years back.

He's definitely a bit crusty LOL!

From what I can remember the cottages looked a little old and run down.

Great location though.

Pretty much the only game in town. Georgie is hard on some and easy on others. I've never had an issue with him over anything. Other guys can't step out of their trucks without getting on his bad side. I don't know what to tell ya on that one. Common sense seems to go a long way with him (I know, imagine that?!)....park your vehicle and trailer in an orderly manner, keep your area clean, don't make a lot of noise, and forget about slipping freebies by him like extra guests etc. I've been in every cabin and they're all exactly what you need on a fishing trip...clean, dry, electricity, cooking stuff and sleeping stuff. At least 2 have been recently upgraded. Cable TV for sports at night and weather. Beer, food and gas 300yds away at Moon Marine. Pretty much the ideal set-up for most, maybe not for others. The longer you deal with him and the more square you are about it, the better everything gets. Most of the people who stay at Westview hunt or fish while in camp, out all day, early to bed/early to rise. If you're looking to party hard or have kids and animals running wild this probably isn't the best choice for you. I can only imagine the assortment of yahoos the average resort owner deals with in a lifetime. Healy Lk Rd sucks, but once you're back there, life's pretty good. It's about half and hour back off the hwy.