Meaford trout opener - anyone go?

jat

Morning OFNers, just wanted to ask if anyone went up for the opener......any info on water levels, fish action would be appreciated. Want to go out soon and try my luck.

I was there a week ago, conditions looked promising.Didnt fish it, too many gents fishing.

I was there Sat for opener. Water is extremely low and clear. Very little fishable water. The level dropped 2 inches on sat so I cant imagine what it looks like now. Didnt see any fish caught, lots of parr around and chub but thats it. Fished the upper river too with the same result. I think the fish did there thing and got the heck out fast. IMO save the gas not worth the trip.

I was there Sat for opener. Water is extremely low and clear. Very little fishable water. The level dropped 2 inches on sat so I cant imagine what it looks like now. Didnt see any fish caught, lots of parr around and chub but thats it. Fished the upper river too with the same result. I think the fish did there thing and got the heck out fast. IMO save the gas not worth the trip.

Its aslways worth the trip IMO,fresh air and scenery and a litle fishind as well