Sand Dollar

MCTFisher9120

I got two of these Sand dollars I collected off the beach in Nova Scotia in 2008 and came across them at home today...are they worth anything to anybody? Parents said they were rare finds for me...every time they would go to Nova Scotia they would look for them and they never found any lol, I went and I found two.

I'll put a picture up later tonight...just wondering what their value is that's all.

I got two of these Sand dollars I collected off the beach in Nova Scotia in 2008 and came across them at home today...are they worth anything to anybody? Parents said they were rare finds for me...every time they would go to Nova Scotia they would look for them and they never found any lol, I went and I found two.

I'll put a picture up later tonight...just wondering what their value is that's all.

Don't wanna burst any bubbles but don't try to peddle them in Florida. Every cottage and condo has bowls full of 'em. They appear at low tide by the thousands there. Dunno if they're more scarce in NS or if you found a different type though.

Unless they're properly cured and shellacked they're very brittle and powdery and hard to keep intact.

JF