Derby results

skevys

My derby went over very good .I had a total of 58 entries for the adults and 4 for the kids. Every-one that I talked to said that it was a very good and fun derby and it was a definite challenge to try and catch a small fish. Some even said it was hard to do on any water but the Bay of Quinte makes it even harder. Every-one said they really enjoyed themselves and are definitely coming back next year.

The first place price of a SrikeMaster 10 inch gas auger went to Jamie Coe who entered an 8 inch walleye. The second price of a Helly Hansen survival suit went to Duffy Hinch who entered an 8&1/4 inch walleye. Third place of a one man Pak Shack went to Donnie Killingbeck who entered an 11&1/4 inch walleye. Fourth place of a Rhino Tackle bag went to Cory Botting. Fifth place of two ice rod and reel combo’s went to Doug Skinkle. Sixth place of two Sunoco gas cards worth 20.00 each went to Jeff Chisholm. And seven place of a sportsman flashlight went to Ian Kimmett.

For the kids I only had 4 entries and only two showed up for the presentations and both of these young fellows received a St. Croix rod and reel combo.

I did forget to mention at the presentations about my surprise and that is a main trophy made up for the first place winners name to be put on in both the kids and the adults. This trophy will be on display at my store and the both winners from the kids and adult will receive another smaller one for their own possession. This is one of the surprises that I had previously mentioned. The other surprise I was hoping to launch was a draw price of a vexlar flasher unit, but since I had to cover the cost myself I needed 100 entries to do it. Next year I will be more pursuant on getting bigger and better prices from different companies as well as my-self and have the draw price.

Thanks to every-one that participated and we will see you all again next year.

Ron