Looking to buy a new fishfinder and need help

Paudash

I am asking for some help on buying a new fish finder. What is the best bang for my money?

I do most of my fishing on one lake but I do venture off to others once in a while and hope to do more or that in the future. I fish mostly bass / Pike / lake trout. I have been looking at HDS 5 but with everything I need it would be at least 1000.00 which is more than I want to spend. I have been to BPS and I find they are not much help. What I think I want is color screen / GPS and a 5 inch screen. What I want to spend in around $500.00, any suggestions or should I hold off anther year until the HDS 5 comes down in price.

Hey Paudash,

you could consider going with a used 520. could probably get one with a chip for the $500 number you mentioned. only real difference between that and the HDS is that you can not add the downscan module, that being said, the downscan will be somewhat difficult to use on the 5 inch model unless you have bifocals....

i am running the HDS7, love it, wishing i could afford the 8 ;)

Hey Paudash,

you could consider going with a used 520. could probably get one with a chip for the $500 number you mentioned. only real difference between that and the HDS is that you can not add the downscan module, that being said, the downscan will be somewhat difficult to use on the 5 inch model unless you have bifocals....

i am running the HDS7, love it, wishing i could afford the 8 ;)