On fire today!

steverowbotham

Well after about 3 weeks of waking at 6am or earlier, I finally let myself sleep until 9:30am this morning, man was it ever refreshing. As I awoke, the red light on my phone was blinking. A message from a good friend and fellow guide informing me that the lakers were on fire again.

I quickly got dressed and headed out the door. After a 3km walk I ended up where I wanted to be at around 11:15 and dropped the vex. 98 feet of water and no fish in sight.

I fished by myself until about noon when another good friend showed up on his sled. We had a good talk, reminiscing of good old college times and the fish started to move in. They were very aggressive and would fly off bottom to attack baits hanging 20 feet up.

He had to leave at 2pm, and offered me a sled ride to shore which I couldnt refuse, but I ended the 3 hour trip going 5 for 7. Cal went 2 for 4, but had landed 2 whities earlier on.

I took 4 fish on my new Simcoe Zonker jig and 1 on the good old tube. Cal got 1 on a laker taker and 1 on a tube. His whities earlier on a jiggin rap.

Nice way to spend a few hours! Not very busy out there today, no Superbowl crowds i guess.

My camera was acting up, but managed a few pics before it buggered up with "fuzz". If anyone has any insight into why the "fuzzy lines" appear in the photos, I wouldnt mind some opinions. Take care, kep those lines tight!

17172_321686793091_502843091_4713006_7753352_n.jpg

17172_321686818091_502843091_4713007_5970061_n.jpg