Rice Lake Jumbo's/ Jimmy Dodds Ice Huts

Michael_Brown

I found the post below from my buddy Barry Pringle on their website and thought I would transfer it over here for anyone who may be interested in Rice lake action. I have also been catching some giant perch on Rice lately. If your only getting small fish move. The jumbos are in there and active.

Mike B

"Okay, after reading Aarons report on jumbos, I have to get this one out. I have had the opportunity to fish one of Doddseys huts the last few nights. Yes I said the last few nights, tough job but someone has to do it.

Jimmy moved his hut over 22 feet of water and the jumbos are on!! Guys and girls, these perch rival simcoe and erie jumbos! Lots of fun, I even kept a few the other night, hm hm good.

Thanks Tess for the seafood platter, fresh rice lake perch with scalops and shrimp in a tomato sauce, I will have to have this again next week for sure. Thanks to Jim for the use of his hut and heater, man did I get spoiled.

If anyone gets a chance, call Jim for the rental, I promise you it will be well worth it. Call Jim at 905-797-2132 He will put you on fish and the fishing pressure is next to nothing, very relaxing, but hold onto your rod, these tastey buggers fight!! Did I mention that Jim's prices are very very reasonable, and he will supply everything?

Had a good time with Jarhead and Jim a few nights ago as well, nice to fish with friends, we all caught fish, but.. by the way guys, you both owe me 5 bucks each for biggest fish, thought I would forget? Lets make it double or nothing next week!"

Barry Pringle