The Brook at Ivanhoe ?

davew3

Good day folks. Well six of us are planning to rent the Brook for a week in July. I see that other people have spent time on Ivanhoe. Can any of you pass on any tips for our stay there?

Not just fishing but anything else we could or should be aware of.

It would be appreciated.

Regards.

Lake ivanhoe by timmins,, we stayed at red cedar ,or something like that ,, a couple of years ago,, we had to go up the river in early june to get walleye,about 2 miles up and past some cabins and we hit very good , got to the point we were throwing back in ,, just small ones ,we only hit one large one about 8 pds and should be posted in there camp,, the weather was terrible when we went ,, snow ,ice rain you name it ,last week of may and first of june, if this is where your going let me know and i wil dig up some pics,, the walleye are up the river early spring and it is quite a hike but nice ride,,, lots of moose to see .

Good fishing. I concentrated mainly in the river bouncing jigs tipped with minnows and leeches. Chartreuse was our best colour. Crankbaits produced some of our biggest eyes too, but the 1-5lb pike kept getting in the way.

One early morning we did really well slowly trolling worm harnesses on bottom bouncers against current. That was our best day....numbers and size!