Ranger Lake area fishing weekend

foggynotions

Well again I traveled to the Ranger Lake area with my buddy for a weekend of fishing. I had a half day on Friday so I left early to go warm up the camps and wet a few lines before everyone else. Here's a photo log of my weekend!

Reached Ranger Lake at around 2pm

Ranger1.jpg

Stoked the fires in the camps unloaded my gear and went to the bottom of the hill to drill a few holes and get some lines in..Fished for a while, but didn't have any luck just one small laker that I threw back, but still better to be there early and fishing than in town! :)

RangerCamp.jpg

RangerTipUp.jpg

Saturday morning after a late night of beers and bullcraping! we headed out and came to our first stop and set up some tipups and started jigging

firststoplookingforspecs.jpg

overcasttipupswaiting.jpg

About 10 minutes after arrival I pulled up the first fish, a 15.5" Laker. Was gonna throw it back but decided I would keep it as it was just under the new slot size and was a good size for my small catch.

FirstFish15andhalfinch.jpg

After having some more hits, and pulling in a few small lakers that we released back our group left and went to another part of the lake where we got into some better fish and some great views for some photo opportunities.

secondstopbigcliffwithmysled.jpg

secondstopbigcliff.jpg

After about 20 mins at our new spot we got into some action and my buddy Nate pulled up a smaller 15" Laker and killed any chances of being skunked on the day! Seconds after that he took the lead and caught the biggest fish of the day a 2lb 20" laker.

nates20inch2lblakernicefincolour.jpg

nates20inch2lblaker2ndshot.jpg

nates2fish20inchand15inch.jpg

So as it stood there wondering if I was gonna get into my second fish, my tip up took a dive and I could hear the line peeling.. I ran over and set the hook and pulled my a 20" 2lb laker of my own! (the one in the middle)

nates20inchmy20inchandnate15inch.jpg

Now we all had our limits, so we decided to try some bay's on Saymo for a few specs, but they were being illusive and we decided to call it a day.

natessledtryingforspecs.jpg

endofafunday.jpg

As we got home, we cleaned up our fish and got into the beers, here's a picture of me and our bag of fish we brought down to another camp and shared with everyone for a good feed while we drank our ice cold beeeeeeeers!!

bigbagofishmmmm.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics and the story!

Len

P.S.

If you are planning on going up the Ranger Lake Rd this week or in the next few days.. drive careful.. GLARE ICE..almost bushed it on a few corners.

skatingrinkroad.jpg