deer creek conservation area

FisherMike

im just wondering if anyone here has fished deer creek in simcoe. ive heard that there is some decent fishing there and i wouldnt mind giving it a shot sometime. a few buddies of mine ice fished it last year and got a couple crappie but that about all i know about it. any info would be great.

thanks

Hey fishermike I fish there a lot in the summer and I'm pretty sure there is no way to get in without tresspassing not to say people don't fish there through the ice and have never heard of anyone being charged but thought you should be aware of it and make your own decision fishing can be good from what I hear GL

thanks for the info. thats good to know. i didnt think it would be a problem fishing in a conservation area though. is it closed in the winter or something??

Haven't contacted anyone in authority yet, but, drove by there yesterday and there were at least four parties ice fishing...the gates are closed and you are definitely fishing at your own risk, and, more than likely trespassing. If you are concerned, try getting in contact with someone at long point conservation areas.

thanks for the info. thats good to know. i didnt think it would be a problem fishing in a conservation area though. is it closed in the winter or something??

Yes it is closed early fall and there are no trespassing signs by the dam but not sure if they are ment to keep people off the dam or out of the park completely suprised there were only 4 groups out with the ice on LPB getting to be unsafe thought there would be lots out today.