Must See Video

rylan

Cool video, nice to see stastistics presented.

I don't agree with the bit about how a student in a 4-year technical degree will have half of their lessons outdated by their third year. At least in university, it's the ideas that you take away from lessons, not the platforms, that determine your grade. Half of the time when you present solutions in an undergraduate algorithms class, the language you're using is fictitious and it's the underlying routine that can be implemented on _any_ platform.

Another thing is the bit about computers having more computational power than humans. What do they define to be computational power? if it's speed of computation -- sure, that's been surpassed for a long time (can you think of anyone who can give you eight decimal places of 1/341 in less than a second?).

One interesting thing to keep in mind is that computers can only do what we tell them to do. So really, who deserves the credit? ;)

Just critique, something I usually do when I see stastistics. It's easy to quote statistics, but it paints an interesting picture when you try to interpret or break them apart. Very cool video

Edited by jayess