Transporting/storing ice fishing hut?

outdoorz

Hello all,

I've decided to build a hut so I can take my kids ice fishing and still have money left over for college. The plan is to place it on Lake Simcoe at Cooks Bay. I am making it in large sections that can be transported on a large snowmobile trailer to the shoreline, and then assembled before going out onto the ice. However one thing I don't know is how to get it on and off the ice. Are there folks with skidoos or ATVs that will haul them out for some cash at the start and end of the season? Also, any idea where one might store a hut for the off season for some cash? Lastly, does one require a license or permit for a hut?

Thanks for any insights,

John

Hello all,

.. Are there folks with skidoos or ATVs that will haul them out for some cash at the start and end of the season?

Yes. If you contact the Hut operators I am positive they will oblige you fer a fee.

Try this link fer the operators on Lake Simcoe:

http://www.lakesimcoemessageboard.com/huts.php

Also, any idea where one might store a hut for the off season for some cash? Lastly, does one require a license or permit for a hut?

Yes. You must register your Ice Shanty.

This way you will be more vigilant in keeping our resource, ie: the lake in it's pristine (?) condition otherwise Mr Smokey will jot down your Ice shanty's registration number down in his note pad, and you will be levied a fine.

You will held responsible fer keeping the immediate area around your shelter clean and free of refuse.

Here is the link to apply fer the hut registration:

http://www.town.georgina.on.ca/forms.aspx

Clampet

Edited by Clampet