Shhhhhhh......

bassman87

Well they were silverish, going on copper,..Lol,..not the freshest I have caught, but not the least either,..they had a load of E tho,..one of the first time I have seen mature salmon take air and they were hooked in the mouth. ..my guess is that they have been in the trib for about 4-5 days.

i had one yesterday that spent more time out of the water then in and one tonight that didnt even break the surface after ten minutes fighting it ....until a guy next to me desided he should cross my line...lol...

the insanity is only beginning ...

Dear StoneFly,

Great job!

I had always doubt that salmon don't bite once they are up the river/creek during spawning.

Anyway, you have proved it that they do bite if the bait is presented properly.

Did you use Barkly Grub? What was the size and color of the grubs, size of the hook, and how did you present them?

Many thanks.

Dear StoneFly,

Great job!

I had always doubt that salmon don't bite once they are up the river/creek during spawning.

Anyway, you have proved it that they do bite if the bait is presented properly.

Did you use Barkly Grub? What was the size and color of the grubs, size of the hook, and how did you present them?

Many thanks.

Well just to be accurate, again these fish were pretty fresh and wont be spawning for a little while. I wont even be heading out again until the next run. All my hooks are #12-14, including the flies. I bummed the grubs off another angler but I do believe they were Berkley, sorta off-white, grey in colour about 1' long. Make sure you use a Flourocarbon leader. As for the presentation, thats harder to explain, but just do everything you can to be in the strikezone and make sure that the first thing and hopfully only thing they see is your bait.

Good Luck.