Anybody fish Lake Eugenia this week?

ironstone74

Curious if anyone has fished it lately and would share any hot baits. I fish mostly river Smallies so this is a new style of fishing for me. I have the bases covered for a variety of techniques; wondering any hot colours or techniques have been producing.

I'm not a meat harvester or anything like that. Feel free to pm me if you prefer.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul Haven't fished euginia for a few days. But if you pick up a few dew worms at Magees at flesherton on the way they always work if you can get below the perch.The weeds are pretty bad in spots but with a little patience one can usually nab a smalley or two.I don't really have any particular lure or colour but the fun is really catching them.Good Luck Steve

Well we fished Eugenia pretty hard this morning. Most of the weeds had turned brown in 6-10 feet of water and weren't holding fish. We spent 2 hours tracking them down. We were drifting a section and finally I hooked into a decent size Largie but it spit the hook. I boated 1 small Largemouth and my buddy didn't land any. It was a negative bite. The most frustrating part was marking fish at the front and rear of the boat, drifting right over them, and not get any action. Oh well, good to try fishing out in a nicely equiped boat B)

Next time...

Paul