Who's Using an Argo for Fishing?

GeorgeJ

A friend of mine has a transferable coupon sent to him from Argo that gives a $1000 off the purchase of an Argo, now up in Bancroft I have two boat ramps and a main snow mobile trail at my doorstep. I'm thinking it be great just to be able to drive right into the lake or onto the ice and start catching fish, no trailer to deal with as you would with a boat and also would be great for ice fishing in the winter. Anybody have any comments on these, are the tracks necessary for ice/ snow travel? Thanks

I've fished the ARGO ! ! ! Many ocassions ! Yes it is AWESOME to drive to the boat launch and fish all day ! then drive straight home .. The New Argos have a Very powerfull motor setup but I have found the the Argo Will Still sink in bad conditions ! They are very slow in the Water and realistically you need a trolling motor bracket on the back .. The argo Will travel thru the water with control but a good wind and your heading for another shore ! The good thing is then you just Jump up on shore where you can and then drive home ! ! There are other options available to you ! ! .. I have found the Argo to be Very Rough riding although a very powerful pulling machine when it has tracks and cleats ! With the tracks it does VERY WELL in the snow and mud although spitting a track can be a Huge pain in the butt on the trail or in the mud ! On the ice is pretty easy ! YES the ARGO is a GREAT MACHINE .... But cost is cost !

Have you looked at the Wilcraft !

A boat in the summer .. an atv to carry 600 lb payload inside on a carpet floor .. with a canopy which has several purposes but mostly to provide you with a sheltered area to fish inside of .. during the Winter months on the Ice .. it only weighs 475 lbs and Fits in a normal pick up .. You DON'T need a Helmut to drive it and is easily insured for ice travel ! Also has a Track attachment but provides a POSITRAC drive system in which the Snow provides no resistence to .. Contact me Whenever and I'll come to your place and give you a no obligation showing of The WILCRAFT ! ! It is Classed as a small boat here in CANADA whereas the Argo is classed as an atv ! You have to where a Helmut in the Argo ! Fishing from the Wilcraft is very comfortable Summer and winter and the Canopy provides a perfect Ice fish hut ....

Just My Thoughts !

Call and we'll show you this toy .. It will help you to make the choice that best suits you !

I also Own an argo but I haven't started it in two years

Edited by Slyatv