Help the rookie!

Lol..yup..I have a couple of types of pliers, the net, the tackle box etc...I have all the painting supplies now only if I could just paint it would be all worth it-hehe.

What a wonderful response from everyone..you don't even know how much I appreciate this. Clearly there is a sense of comraderie with anglers.

I've written down all the suggestions and am going to sneak out on payday and see what I can pick up.

For those in the Ottawa area..who sells cheap bait around here...would I have better luck ordering online from BPS or other suppliers?

edit - Oh and on a side note I do have 3 sizes of red and white daredevil, but I thought they were just cheap spinners to make my tackle look more full.

Best to go to local tackle shops and pick their brains, they can tell you some good spots to fish,what to use and when to use it. canadian tire might be good for prices and i sometimes buy tackle there but no one there can answer any questions for you. as for bass pro shops, stay away from there. it is like heaven.soooo much stuff and not enough money haha

plus they are really helpfull too. got some pretty good walleye tips from one of the old timers there.

dont be afraid to ask the local tackle shop guy for advice. whenever im in an area i dont know much about i stop in the local shop for a few nic nacs and advice on the local lakes or rivers