A little birthday fishing

GreenCanada

Hey all

So I decided to leave Guelph this past weekend to do a little birthday fishing.

While I was waiting for the bus I decided to take a few casts in the Speed River downtown. This is what I got on my 3rd cast.

pike.jpg

After heading out to Caledon, I rested up and left bright and early Saturday morning hunting for brown's at a secret location (can't post a pic sorry) :)

Had a 20" brown on, got it close to shore then it spit the rap.. go figure.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Same spot, I cast out under a cedar tree and BLAM fish on... though it turned out to be a nice sized pike. Once again spitting the lure as I get it close to shore... not a real loss like the brown though!

Anyways... As I'm walking back up from another hit and miss from another monster brown. I caught this little guy

Great little 10" rainbow (but very surprising to find them up this far)

I'll post a pic in a reply

Oh, and I went for a short walk up an old river I know of which is flooded in the spring but extremely low in the summer. When I mean low, there is about 2" in a creek almost, which leads into a series of deep holes (about 2-3 feet deep). So I took my ultralight, barbless hooks, and dew's.

I caught about a dozen of these, this was the biggest rainbow (5") and I didn't keep any from here.

rainbow3.jpg

Hope you enjoyed those, as I enjoyed my birthday weekend greatly...

Cheers

to be honest ...ive never seen a rainbow that looked like that ....looks more like a cut throat trout to me ,,,,but then again ...ive never caught a bow this time of year in any water system other than the lake where they are returned to chrome....

very pretty fish though ..nice job and Happy Bday