Concept idea?

Twocoda

Concept  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts?

• Good Idea ( why not)
    • Bad idea ( may cause problems)

I know i havent been on this board for too long ( in comparison to almost everyone) and this post is in no way intended on rocking any boats for the quality of this website ( which is outstanding ) :thumbsup_anim:

but...( isnt there always a but) :whistling:

most of us that fish honestly dont care if we catch a fish .....we are outside and taking in the scenery and sorting through memories of the fish we have caught or focusing on doing everything right within our knowledge to make sure the people or children that are with us ...DO catch fish...hence giving us the rewards of the memories for the efforts... :Gonefishing:

As the rod LOADS ....here comes The Cast........................plunk!

Since ive been on here i have read some pretty incredible fishing reports that have given me warm feelings inside as if i was actually there to share in the experience and to enjoy the fruits of their labours by seeing the image of ( my favourite) a smiling childs face with their first fish or a new personal best of a seasoned angler or the first of a specific species ....( IMO its what makes this website superior to others)...

The reports that come on this board are entirely out of pride of the poster that they get posted ( as it should be) job well done!!!!).... :thumbsup_anim:

The Retreive .....chick ..click ....click... :Gonefishing:

A certain post could be nominated by the poster if they feel that their composition is worthy ( eliminating any issues of "why didnt my report get nominated?") and through the boards polling process the readers would then select a " best report" on a monthly basis ( hence intising people to make even more quality reports and more of them) ...through previous polls i noticed you can only vote once ( good thing).... :blahblah1:

The Ceremonies......

:clapping: The part no one is ever prepared for or expecting to receive....OFC memorabilia ...t shirt? ,hat?. boat decal...? ( not necessarily all to one winning report...top 3 ? Monthly sticky post of congratulations to the winners :clapping:

The Pay Off

Actual Physical walking talking floating breathing advertisement of this site that i have become very fond of reading ..generating more traffic to support the advertisers ...generating more fishing reports for others to enjoy in their ( the posters ) adventures...

This is just a concept for an idea ...i do not know of the legalities or internet server specifications for doing such an idea

I was going to post this ONLY to the administrators to avoid any debates or put anyone on the "spot" but as i stated ...i dont know if this is even possible with system capabilities... it took me almost 30 minutes to write this all out ( yeah im slow) ...so i figured ...Cast it out ...see what happens...i can only imagine the time it takes for some of the EXCELLENT reports to be posted..why not a reward for their unexpected efforts ?

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Twocoda

That would be a good idea. I have to admit that I don't often read the reports...I'm in Sudbury and most are for waters I'm unfamiliar with, and will in all likelyhood, never fish. If other posters took the time to wade through the reports, singling out the ones that are most readable, I might start checking more of them out...including ones that didn't make the cut.