Conestogo lake

fishinguypat

hello i am new to this site and i am going fishing to conestogo lake for pike/bass and walleye saturday morning? does anyone know any good spots on the lake to fish?i have a boat and fishfinder but i need direction... thanks for any support!

fishinguypat

oh man .......test my memory ive only fished it once but heres what i know ...EXCESSIVE boats and jet skiis....but ...on the north shore ( where the lake narrows ) almost feels like your moving into a different lake) the water rises to only a couple of feet and drops off rapidly ...along that shoal ...my son caught a 27 inch pike ...and a few bass ...it took us almost all day to find the fish ...i think the boat traffic had alot to do with it ...( pushed the fish to the bottom ...the lake isnt that big so you'll find them ...im not sure if they still stock bows in there but they did back then ( hence the reason we went there)...beautiful area ...but too many ski boats for my liking on such a small lake ...

Canadian wigglers and brown bombers ( its amazing the stuff i remeber)

Good luck ...

it's a good lake to fish, but it can be a zoo on the weekends. I just got a nice 3lb smallmouth trolling a wood minnow about 15 feet down. Let the lure bump the bottom every so often, it attracts strikes, and troll the lure off drops from shallow to deep. The bass like to hang around the drop offs. there are pickeral in the lake now too, just troll wind-blown points with rapalas etc. and you should be able to get one. Try to throw them back, i have been fishing that lake for years and i was really surprised to catch a pickeral there. I know they are stocked, but it would be cool for them to build up a natural population. Pike will bite pretty much anything there. spoons and rapalas, spinnebaits, bucktails you name it. they can get pretty big in there, but i haven't caught one over 30" in a few years. It gets fished out really fast. have fun and don't lose your temper @ the boat launch lol